What value would be needed to complete the following pro
Question and Solution
What value would be needed to complete the following probability distribution? x P(x) 0 1/3 1 1/8 2 1/8 3 4 1/(choice) a
70 % (143 Review)
What value would be needed to complete the following probability distribution? x P(x) 0 1/3 1 1/8 2 1/8 3 4 1/ (choice) a. 1/5 b. 1/12 c. 1/4 d. 1/8
2. If a gambler rolls two dice and gets a sum of 10, he wins $10, and if he gets a sum of three, he wins $20. The cost to play the game is $5. What is the expectation of this game? (choice) a. $3.06 b. -$2.78 c. -$3.06 d. 2.78
3. A coin is tossed five times. Find the probability of getting exactly three heads. (choice) a. 0.3750 b. 0.1563 c. 0.2500 d. 0.3125
4. Find the mean of the distribution shown. x 0 3 5 P(x) 0.26 0.48 0.26 (choice) a. 1.30 b. 2.00 c. 2.74 d. 3.00
5. A university has 10,000 students of which 4000 are male and 6000 are female. If a class of 30 students is chosen at random from the university population, find the mean and variance of the number of male students. (Choice) a. Mean = 15, Variance = 15 b. Mean = 12, Variance = 7.2 c. Mean = 9, Variance = 3.6 d. Mean = 7.2, Variance = 12
6. The staff at a small company includes: 4 secretaries, 20 technicians, 4 engineers, 2 executives, and 50 factory workers. If a person is selected at random, what is the probability that he or she is a factory worker? (Choice) a. 1\4 b. 1\8 c. 5\8 d. 2\5
7. If a single card is drawn from an ordinary deck of cards, what is the probability of drawing either a heart or a 6? (Choice) a. 17\52 b. 4\13 c. 9\26 d. 5\13
8. Fizz fizz soda comes in two varieties, regular and diet. If a researcher has 8 boxes of each, how many ways can he select 2 boxes of each for a quality control test? (Choice) a. 784 b. 224 c. 447 d. 16
9. A certain system has two components. There are 10 different models of the first component and 12 different of the second. Any first component can be paired with any second component. A salesman must select 2 of the first component and 3 of the second to take on a sales call. How many different sets of components can the salesman take? (Choice) a. 10C2 x 12C3 b. 10C5 x 12C5 c. 10P2 x 12P3 d. 10P5 x 12P5
10. If a menu has a choice of 4 appetizers, 4 main courses, and 3 desserts, then the sample space for all possible dinners has how many outcomes? (Points: 1) a. 3 b. 16 c. 28 d. 48
Your answer will be ready within 2-4 hrs. Meanwhile, check out other millions of Q&As and Solutions Manual we have in our catalog.
Get immediate access to 24/7 Homework Help, step-by-step solutions, instant homework answer to over 40 million Textbook solution and Q/A
Pay $7.00/month for Better Grades
Crazy for Study is a platform for the provision of academic help. It functions with the help of a team of ingenious subject matter experts and academic writers who provide textbook solutions to all your course-specific textbook problems, provide help with your assignments and solve all your academic queries in the minimum possible time.
Disclaimer: Crazy For Study provides academic assistance to students so that they can complete their college assignments and projects on time. We strictly do not deliver the reference papers. This is just to make you understand and used for the analysis and reference purposes only.