Refer to Apple's financial statements in Appendix A to answer the following. 1. Is Apple's statement of cash flows pre
Refer to Apple's financial statements in Appendix A to answer the following.
1. Is Apple's statement of cash flows prepared under the direct method or the indirect method? How do you know?
2. For each fiscal year 2015, 2014, and 2013, is the amount of cash provided by operating activities more or less than the cash paid for dividends?
3. What is the largest amount in reconciling the difference between net income and cash flow from operating activities in fiscal 2015? In fiscal 2014? In fiscal 2013?
4. Identify the largest cash inflow and cash outflow for investing and for financing activities in fiscal 2015 and in fiscal 2014.
5. Obtain Apple's financial statements for a fiscal year ending after September 27, 2015, from either its website (Apple.com) or the SEC's database (SEC.gov). Since September 27, 2015, what are Apple's largest cash outflows and cash inflows in the investing and in the financing sections of its statement of cash flows?