31.5 mL of 1.00 M HCl is added to 40.0mL of solution con
Question and Solution
31.5 mL of 1.00 M HCl is added to 40.0mL of solution containing excess of NaOH in a coffee-cup calorimeter. The solution
91 % (893 Review)
31.5 mL of 1.00 M HCl is added to 40.0mL of solution containing excess of NaOH in a coffee-cup calorimeter. The solution temperature, originally at 25.0oC, rises to 33.0 oC.
(3) Find the moles of acid neutralized, recalling n(mols)=MV.
- Answer to THREE Significant Figures. -
(4) Find the total mass of the resulting solution. Assume that total volume of the solution equals to the sum of the volume of HCl(aq) and NaOH(aq) and density of the final solution is the same as density of water, 1.00g/mL. - Answer to THREE Significant Figures. -
(5) Calculate an amount of the heat generated assuming that specific heat capacity of the final solution is the same as that of water. - Answer to THREE Significant Figures, in kiloJoules. -
(6) Finally calculate the enthalpy of neutralization from these data. Please don't forget its negative sign. - Answer to THREE Significant Figures, in kJ/mol -
Your answer will be ready within 2-4 hrs. Meanwhile, check out other millions of Q&As and Solutions Manual we have in our catalog.
Get immediate access to 24/7 Homework Help, step-by-step solutions, instant homework answer to over 40 million Textbook solution and Q/A
Pay $7.00/month for Better Grades
Crazy for Study is a platform for the provision of academic help. It functions with the help of a team of ingenious subject matter experts and academic writers who provide textbook solutions to all your course-specific textbook problems, provide help with your assignments and solve all your academic queries in the minimum possible time.
Disclaimer: Crazy For Study provides academic assistance to students so that they can complete their college assignments and projects on time. We strictly do not deliver the reference papers. This is just to make you understand and used for the analysis and reference purposes only.